For fiction & creative nonfiction prose (and we think of the prose poem as such), we have a word-count limit: 600. Please be sure to submit in the correct category; we've been receiving several fiction submissions in the creative nonfiction category. THIS IS THE FICTION/PROSE POETRY CATEGORY.
- Please do not include any contact information, including your name, in the manuscript. Also, please do NOT include your name as part of the title/file name.
- Please include a brief bio as part of the Submittable cover letter.
- Please no more than one submission of a single piece per submission. Please feel free to submit again after receiving a response.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine with us, but please let us know if the submission has been accepted elsewhere. Failure to do will result in some facsimile of your face being put on the Matter dart board. And no one wants that.
- Please format prose to be double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, in a Microsoft Word document.
- We do NOT read submissions that do not meet the guidelines. We will decline it unread and ask that you submit next reading period.